A decadent Chocolate Bundt Cake drizzled with a sweet Coffee Glaze that is perfect for a birthday, afternoon tea or any special occasion.
Making a chocolate cake in a Bundt tin creates a show-stopping centrepiece that is sure to impress. This one-bowl recipe is quick to prepare and requires little washing up which is always a bonus.
We were very fortunate to receive this complimentary USA Pan Fluted Bundt tin from Everten. Everten is an Australian online business selling the most comprehensive range of branded kitchenware products at very competitive prices.
The USA Pan is one of the worlds largest manufacturers of industrial bakeware. I love this tin as its stable, easy to clean and has good handles for gripping. Also, the Americoat PLUS patented coating contains no PTFE or PFOA, therefore, offering safe, clean cooking without the nasty chemicals. You can buy the USA Pan Fluted Tube Pan Bundt here.
Step by Step Instructions
To make the chocolate batter, simply add all the ingredients to the Thermomix and beat until smooth. Fill the Bundt tin two-thirds of the way up then bake in the oven for 50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
When ready, turn the cake out onto a wire rack then cool completely before glazing. This Bundt cake tastes just as good on its own but even better with some icing. You could use any flavoured icing, but I love coffee which works well with the chocolate.
To Make the Coffee Glaze
Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, then make a well in the middle and slowly add the dissolved coffee to make a smooth, flowing glaze. Turn the cake onto a plate, pour over the icing and leave to set.
You Might Also Like
For the Chocolate Cake
- 300g castor sugar
- 300g unsalted butter softened at room temperature and extra for greasing
- 300g self-raising flour
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
For the Coffee Glaze
- 220g Icing Sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 60 ml hot water
- Heat the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan and grease the Bundt tin well with butter.
- Simply add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 6 until smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt tin. Bake in the oven for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To Make the Coffee Glaze
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, then make a well in the middle and slowly add the dissolved coffee to make a smooth, flowing glaze. Turn the cake onto a plate, pour over the icing and leave to set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.