A nutritious almond butter made quickly and easily in the Thermomix without all the nasty additives in store bought versions.
- 500 g almonds (I use normal ones but you could use dry roasted)
- Empty the almonds into the Thermomix bowl and grind for 1 min/speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl and grind for 4 mins/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix on a lower speed of 3 mins/speed 4 until nice and creamy. I find that sometimes the timing varies depending on the freshness of the almonds. If it’s not smooth and creamy just yet, mix again on speed 4 for a few more minutes, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- Let the almond butter cool before storing.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
- To freeze: freeze the almond butter in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months and thaw out at room temperature.
- Category: Spread