The best apple crumble recipe ever! You can’t beat the traditional apple filling topped with crispy, buttery crumble, it’s so delicious and comforting!
For the Filling
- 4 apples, Granny Smiths are a good variety for crumble
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping
- 160 g plain flour
- 115 g cold unsalted butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan forced).
- For the Apple Filling: peel and core the apples and cut them roughly into 2-3 cm thick pieces. Place them into a shallow dish and toss with cinnamon and sugar until they are fully coated. I used a 23cm x 17cm oval dish.
- For the Crumble Topping: Weigh the flour, butter and sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 15-25 sec/speed 5. (It should look a bit like sand but be careful not to over mix or it will become pastry!)
- Scatter the crumble mixture evenly over the apples and gently press down with the back of a fork. Sprinkle the oats on top (if using) and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with custard, a thick dollop of cream or some vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Apple Crumble