This Thermomix Apple Gallette is super easy to make and a great dessert to have after a Sunday roast. The pastry and apple filling can be made ahead to save time.
For the Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 200g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 30g icing sugar
- 50g iced cold water
- pinch of salt
For the Apple Filling
- 2 x large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1–2cm cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 orange, grated zest only
- 1 tablespoon caster or granulated sugar
- 15g chilled butter, cut up into small cubes
- egg wash for brushing
To make the Pastry
- Place the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt into the mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6. The mixture should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and knead 50-60 sec/Interval speed. The pastry should now have come together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate whilst you prepare the apple filling.
To make the Apple Filling
- Preheat oven to 190° C (170°C fan forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into 1-2cm cubes.
- Place into a bowl and toss in the orange zest, sugar, vanilla and mixed spice and give it a good stir. Put the bowl aside whilst you prepare the pastry.
- Take the pastry out of fridge, roll into a circle until its roughly 30 cm in diameter.
- Place onto a large baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Arrange the apple filling in a single layer over the pastry, leaving a 3-4cm border around the edges.
- Lift the pastry dough over the apples and pinch together with your fingers every 3-4cm. It doesn’t have to look perfect!
- Brush the edges with egg wash and dot the apple filling with butter and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the outside crust is a lovely golden brown colour.
- Serve warm with cream and ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix apple gallette