A deliciously heartwarming Blackberry and Apple Crumble made with the help of the Thermomix.
For the Filling
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 250g frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Topping
- 160 g plain flour
- 115 g chilled butter, unsalted
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of oats, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced.
- For the Blackberry & Apple Filling: Peel and core the apples and roughly cut into 2cm cubes. Place into a medium size baking dish (mine measured 16cm x 23cm) then add the blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Toss to combine.
- For the Crumble Topping: Weigh the flour, butter and sugar into the TM bowl and mix for 20-25 sec/speed 5. (It should look a bit like sand but be careful not to over mix or it will become pastry!)
- To Assemble: Pour the crumble topping evenly over the blackberry & apple filling and press down gently with the back of a fork. Scatter over the oats.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with piping hot custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This crumble can be made ahead and baked when needed.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Blackberry and Apple Crumble