These Thermomix Blueberry and Almond Friands make the perfect afternoon treat or special occasion.
- 115 g unsalted butter (melted plus extra for greasing)
- 65 g plain flour (plus extra for dusting the muffin holes)
- 100 g almonds
- 165 g icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 egg whites
- 36 blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced) and generously brush the holes of a 12 hole muffin tin with the extra butter, then dust each hole with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Add almonds to the TM bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Add the flour, icing sugar and a pinch of salt and mix for 5 sec/speed 3 to sift out any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites with the almond extract.
- Set the Thermomix to 40 sec/speed 2 and slowly pour the egg white mixture in through the top until well combined.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the melted butter and mix for 3-5 sec/speed 5 until just combined. (try not to over mix)
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin holes about half to two thirds of the way up and place 3 blueberries into each one (they’ll sink as they bake so no need to push down).
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. You may need to use a table knife to help ease them out). Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Blueberry & Almond Friands