Beat the winter chill with this hearty and wholesome Thermomix Celeriac, Parsnip and Thyme Soup. Parsnips and Celeriac are in season right now and these nourishing root vegetables make the perfect creamy and delicious meal in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 celeriac (peeled and roughly chopped – see tips in recipe post on how to peel)
- 1 large parsnip or 2 small ones (ends cut off, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 potato (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 3 stalks thyme, leaves removed plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper
- Add the onion and garlic to the TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl, add the butter and thyme leaves and saute for 4 mins/100/speed 1.
- Add the celeriac, parsnip and potato and chop 10 sec/speed 5.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for 20 mins/100/speed 2.
- Check that the vegetables are soft, if not cook for a few minutes longer.
- Blend for 30 sec/speed 9 very slowly increasing the speed.
- Check the consistency and add a little more water if required and blend again until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with a few thyme leaves to serve.
Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days and can also be frozen.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix celeriac parsnip and thyme soup