These Thermomix Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls are a breeze to make and perfect for lunch box fillers and after school snacks. They’re filling, delicious and a whole lot cheaper than Bakers Delight!
- 500g bakers flour
- 300g lukewarm water
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Vegemite, can be more or less depending on taste
- 200g cheddar cheese plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Pour the lukewarm water into the TM bowl and add the yeast, flour, olive oil and salt.
- Mix together for 6 seconds/speed 6, then knead for 2 minutes on the interval knead setting.
- Turn the dough out into a large bowl greased with oil and shape into a ball. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for about 45 mins – 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced (200°C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once risen, knock the dough back and roll out into a rectangle shape of approximately 5mm thick.
- Spread generously with Vegemite, sprinkle over the cheese and roll up into a sausage shape, starting at the smaller end first.
- Cut into 8 equal portions and place cut side up onto the baking tray leaving a small gap between each one. Sprinkle individually with cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until nice and golden – to check if they’re cooked properly, they will sound hollow when tapped.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before enjoying.
Storage: Let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls