A decadent rich chocolate tart with a hint of orange and loads of chocolate!
For the crust
- 140 g almonds
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the Filling
- 75 g pitted dates
- zest of 2 oranges ((juice of 1))
- 50 g coconut oil
- 175 g clear honey
- 140 g raw cacao powder
- Take the stones out of the dates, put them in a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water to soften for about 20 minutes.
- To make the crust, place the almonds in the Thermomix bowl and blitz for 10-15 sec/speed 10 until finely ground. Add the remaining crust ingredients and mix for 10 sec/speed 5 until it comes together. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for a few seconds if necessary.
- Tip the mixture into a greased 20cm flan tin and press firmly with the back of a spoon to form the base. Place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
- For the filling, drain the dates and place them into the Thermomix bowl along with all the other filling ingredients and mix for 10 sec/speed 5 to combine. Scrape down the bowl and mix again on speed 5 until a smooth paste forms.
- Spoon the filling over the crust until it’s spread evenly and put back in the fridge to set for about an hour before serving. Serve with a dusting of raw cacao powder, fresh berries and if there’s any left it can be stored in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix chocolate orange tart