A Thermomix gluten free pasta made with lemon and spinach.
For the Pasta
- 150 g lupin flour ((see Notes))
- 70 g gluten free cornflour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 60 g fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2040 g water
For the Lemon Sauce
- 50 g Parmesan cheese (crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm, plus extra for serving))
- 500 g water
- 2 bunches green asparagus (cut into pieces (approx. 4 cm))
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 120 g full cream milk
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- ½ lemon (juice only (approx. 20 g))
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- lemon oil (to taste (optional))
- Place lupin, cornflour, xanthan gum, nutmeg, spinach and 1 teaspoon of the salt into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 8.
- Add eggs and 40 g of the water and knead/1 min. Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or work surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for a minimum of 10 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions and use a pasta machine to roll out (see Notes). Cut into tagliatelle. Use cornflour to dust the dough if it becomes sticky.
- Place approx. 2L water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Working in batches, cook pasta for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente. Use simmering basket to drain pasta and transfer into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Place Parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position. Place asparagus into Varoma dish, secure Varoma lid and steam 8-10 min/100°C/speed 2 or until just tender. Transfer into a separate thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and cover to keep warm. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add butter and cook 2 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Add milk and mascarpone and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and reserved grated Parmesan and cook 1 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Add reserved asparagus and cook 1 min/90°C/clockwise/counter-clockwise operation/speed 2. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and gently stir to combine with aid of spatula. Drizzle with lemon oil (optional) and garnish with extra Parmesan before serving.
You can buy lupin flour at health food stores or online.
If you do not have a pasta machine the pasta can be rolled out thinly and cut by hand. If using a pasta machine, Gluten free pasta should not be rolled any thinner than the NO.4 setting on your pasta machine.
- Category: Dinner