A fresh and tangy kale salad with crunchy spiced oven roasted chickpeas make a delicious and nutritious lunch or side dish.
For the Spicy Chickpeas
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the Kale Salad
- 100g kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the Spicy Chickpeas: Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them onto the baking tray. Add the spices, olive oil and salt and toss really well to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lovely and crispy.
- For the Kale Salad: Add the tahini, lemon juice and maple syrup to the TM Bowl and mix for 5 sec/speed 5. No need to scrape the bowl.
- Add the kale leaves and salt and mix for 90 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Set aside into a bowl.
- Once the chickpeas are lovely and crispy, take them out of the oven to cool.
- Once cooled, scatter them over the kale leaves or toss through to combine.
This salad is best eaten fresh or on the day.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Kale Salad