These Thermomix Lemon Blueberry Scones are so easy to make and are a lovely treat for breakfast or afternoon tea. There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked scones wafting through the house!
These are a variation of my Classic Thermomix Scones. The addition of blueberries and lemon adds a delicious zing and accelerates them to the next level!
There are a few ways to cut scones, but my favourite and easiest way is to use the spatula to cut them into wedges like a pizza.
If you’re not a big fan of blueberries, you can always add your additions. For example, any other berries, nuts, dried fruit and chocolate work well.
You Might Also Like
- 1 large lemon, juice and rind
- 30g white sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 350g self-raising flour
- 75g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90g frozen blueberries
- 120g milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced / 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sugar and lemon rind into the Thermomix bowl and pulverise for 15 sec/speed 9.
- Add the flour, baking powder and butter and mix 10 sec/speed 6 until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and lightly beaten eggs and knead for 40 seconds/dough setting until the dough has come together. It will be a little bit sticky.
- Add the blueberries and mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball, if it's too sticky then add a little more flour but try not to overwork the dough. Gently press down into a disc shape measuring approximately 20cm. Cut up into eights with the Thermomix spatula or a sharp knife and brush the tops with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until nice and golden and hollow when tapped. The timing will depend on the oven so best to keep an eye on them so, they don't burn.
- Once baked, leave on the tray for 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm with your favourite condiments.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for a few days and gently heated up in the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.