A delicious Lemon and Blueberry Scone recipe made easily in the Thermomix. A perfect treat for morning or afternoon tea.
- 1 large lemon, juice and rind
- 40g white sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 350g self raising flour
- 85g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 80g frozen blueberries
- 180g milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan forced (220°C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sugar and lemon rind into the TM bowl and pulverise 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and butter and mix 10 sec/speed 6 until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the blueberries and mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the milk and eggs and knead for 30 seconds until the dough has come together. It will be a little bit sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball, if it’s too sticky then add a little more flour but try not to overwork the dough. Gently press down into a disc shape measuring approximately 20cm. Cut up into eights with the Thermomix spatula or a sharp knife and brush the tops with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until nice and golden. The timing will depend on the oven so best to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once baked, leave on the tray for 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm with your favourite condiments. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for a few days and gently heated up in the microwave.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix lemon blueberry scones