A creamy and nutritious Thermomix Matcha Smoothie Bowl infused with Matcha green tea powder and topped with your favourite toppings.
If you’re on Instagram it’s hard to escape the beautiful vibrant smoothie bowl creations posted by health enthusiasts. They are a great alternative to cereal and you can let your imagination run wild with the choice of flavours and toppings.
Matcha is a antioxidant powerhouse and is the nutritional equivalent of ten cups of green tea. As it’s a powdered form of green tea, it can be added to enhance the flavour in baking, desserts, ice creams, bliss balls, savory snacks and more.
As Matcha is quite expensive and not readily available in supermarkets, I buy Matcha online from Deliciously Matcha. They are offering Thermomix Diva readers 20% off all Matcha products with the discount code: MATCHADISCOUNT which you enter at checkout. Their website is www.deliciouslymatcha.com and they also offer free shipping Australia wide.
Thermomix Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Yield 1 bowl
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- 200 - 250mls unsweetened almond milk
- Big handful of spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons of Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Chia Seeds
- Nut Butter
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into the Thermomix Bowl and blend for 90 sec/speed 9 until smooth and creamy. Test for sweetness and add more maple syrup if desired.
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy fresh. Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for up to a day.