These Thermomix Passion Fruit Cupcakes are sweet, tangy and are a perfect treat for afternoon tea.
I posted last week my all time favorite Vanilla Cupcake recipe, which is my go to recipe for cupcakes and sponge cakes. It’s a recipe that can be the base of many cupcake and cake creations. It’s so quick and easy and involves very little effort.
I’ve made these Thermomix Passion Fruit Cupcakes as we adore passion fruit in our house and it’s in season at the moment here in Victoria so is reasonably priced. If you can’t get your hands on any fresh passion fruits, then passion fruit pulp out of a tin is also fine.
For the Cupcakes
- 125 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g self raising flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
For the Buttercream Icing
- 50 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 passion fruit pulps
- Preheat the oven to 180° fan / 200° C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and beat for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and beat again for 10 sec/speed 5 until lovely and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack until ready to be iced.
- For the buttercream icing: Add the butter, icing sugar and pulp of one of the passion fruits to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for another 15 sec/speed 4 or until a smooth consistency forms.
- Spoon a teaspoon or so of the buttercream over the cupcakes and top with a little leftover passion fruit pulp.
Can be stored in an airtight container for a few days in a cool place.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.