These Thermomix Passion Fruit Cupcakes are light and fluffy with a sweet tangy icing – perfect for afternoon tea!
For the Cupcakes
- 125 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g self raising flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
For the Buttercream Icing
- 50 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 passion fruit pulps
- Preheat the oven to 180° fan (200° C) and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- Add all the ingredients to the TM bowl and beat for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and beat again for 10 sec/speed 5 until lovely and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack until ready to be iced.
- For the buttercream icing: add the butter, icing sugar and pulp of one of the passion fruits to the bowl and mix for 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for another 15 sec/speed 4 or until a smooth consistency forms.
- Spoon a teaspoon or so of the buttercream over the cupcakes and top with a little leftover passion fruit pulp.
Can be stored in an airtight container for a few days in a cool place.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix passion fruit cupcakes