These Thermomix Passion Fruit Cupcakes are light and flurry with a sweet tangy icing – perfect for afternoon tea!
For the Cupcakes
- 175 g butter ((softened at room temperature))
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 passion fruit pulp
For the Buttercream Icing
- 50 g butter ((softened at room temperature))
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 passion fruit pulps
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C fan forced) and line a muffin tin with cases. 12 should be enough depending on the size of the cases.
- Weigh the butter and sugar into the bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 20 sec/speed 4 until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 30 sec/speed 4. The mixture might split but that’s okay. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 30 sec/speed 5, stopping halfway to scrape down the bowl. Lastly, add the passion fruit pulp and mix 3 sec/reverse/speed 4. The mixture will resemble a lovely smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once ready, cool completely on a wire rack until ready to be iced. Clean the bowl ready to make the icing.
- For the buttercream icing, add the butter, icing sugar and pulp of one of the passion fruits to the bowl and mix for 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for another 15 sec/speed 4 or until a smooth consistency forms.
- Spoon a teaspoon or so of the buttercream over the cupcakes and top with a little leftover passion fruit pulp.
Can be stored in an airtight container for a few days in a cool place.
Keywords: thermomix passion fruit cupcakes