A fail proof recipe for soft and fluffy Thermomix Bread Rolls which are perfect for dinner time.
- 350g water
- 7g sachet of dry yeast
- 500g bakers flour (I used wallaby bakers flour from woolies)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil such as canola or sunflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Start by weighing the water and yeast into the TM bowl and heat 1 min/37°/speed 1.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 6, then knead for 2 mins/interval speed (knead function). The dough should be sticky to touch – this is important so the roll doesn’t come out dense.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured bench top (hold the TM bowl upside down and twist the bottom of the blade so it comes out easily). Work the dough into a ball then place into a large bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until double the size.
- Once risen, knock back the dough and divide into 8 equal pieces and form into balls. See photos and tips in the recipe post for this step.
- Arrange the balls evening onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise again for 1 hour. After about half an hour, switch the oven onto 180°C fan forced.
- Once risen, bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes until lovely and golden on top.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and consume whilst warm or store for later.
- These are best eaten on the day or can be frozen once cooled.
See my tips and photos in the post on how to achieve the best results and also tips for freezing.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix bread rolls