A deliciously gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened Thermomix Sweet Potato Muffins made with warming mixed spices. A perfect afternoon treat to have with a cuppa.
- 500g raw sweet potato, peeled and roughly cut into 2cm cubes (or 320g cooked sweet potato)
- 100g extra virgin olive oil (125ml)
- 110g unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice (125ml)
- 220g maple syrup, plus extra for brushing over the muffins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 270g gluten free plain flour (if the flour doesn’t include xanthan gum, add one teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 2cm cubes and bake them in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the sweet potatoes to the TM bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4 to mash them up. Add the olive oil, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the potato mash and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 5.
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, Chinese five spice and salt and mix 5 sec/reverse/speed 5. It’s best not to over mix so if not fully incorporated, fold gently with a spatula until a nice thick batter forms and you can’t see any flour remaining.
- Scoop out the mixture and evenly distribute into the 12 cases. I like to do this with an icecream scoop.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 180°C fan forced. Timing will depend on your oven and how big the muffins are. Mine were quite big so took just over 25 minutes. They are ready when a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serve warm from the oven. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Sweet Potato and Five Spice Muffins