This a quick and easy method for Peeling Garlic in the Thermomix without having to tirelessly do it by hand and end up with smelly garlic fingers!
I have to confess that even though I've owned my Thermomix for a few years now, I've only recently learned you can use it to peel garlic cloves. When I first discovered this, I thought it simply could not be possible, but I was pleasantly surprised that the Thermomix can actually peel garlic almost as well by hand!
1. Add the garlic cloves to a dry Thermomix Bowl.
2. Mix for 4 sec/reverse/speed 4.
I use the Thermomix to peel large batches of cloves and then store what I don't use in an airtight container in the fridge. It's worth noting that if the container isn't completely airtight, then the fridge will really smell! (which I learned from my first batch).
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Separate the garlic cloves from the bulb.
- Add to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 4 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Remove from the Thermomix bowl and separate the shells and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.