Our easy creamy Thermomix Tahini is much better than store-bought versions and is made for a fraction of the cost. Use it in dips, dressings, spreads, salads, and so much more.
I love making Tahini in the Thermomix. It's incredible how these little sesame seeds are ground to become a wonderfully thick and creamy paste in just a few minutes.
I use it to make Thermomix Hummus and salad dressings. Still, there are endless possibilities with this versatile ingredient.
The nutty flavour can be used instead of nut butter in vegan baking which is handy for nut allergy sufferers. Tahini is also popular among health fanatics as it's a great source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy.
- Only 2 ingredients.
- A money saver.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Weigh the sesame seeds into the Thermomix bowl and roast for 10 mins/100/speed 1.
2. Allow the sesame seeds to cool slightly, add a pinch of salt and grind for 30 sec/speed 10.
3. Add the oil and blend for 1 min/speed 6.
4. Scrape down the bowl and blend again for 1 min/speed 6. Repeat this step until the Tahini is creamy.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Homemade Tahini will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month. The oil will separate, so stir it before using.
Tahini can be used for making Hummus, salad dressings, bliss balls, smoothies and baking ingredients.
The addition of oil in this recipe gives it a runny texture.
Yes, but the texture might not be as runny.
Yes, but the colour might be off-putting! (but great for Halloween!🎃)
You Might Also Love
- 200g sesame seeds
- 60g grapeseed oil / sunflower oil
- pinch of salt
- Add the sesame seeds to the Thermomix bowl and roast for 10 mins/100°/speed 1.
- Once finished, allow the sesame seeds cool for a few minutes, then add the pinch of salt and grind for 30 sec/speed 10.
- Add the oil and blend for 1 min/speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl and blend again for 1 min/speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl and blend again for 1 min/speed 6 until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a glass jar or other airtight container and store in the fridge for a month or two. If the mixture separates, stir it with a spoon.