A quick and delicious recipe for Thermomix Pesto, made from scratch with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan and olive oil.
Pesto is a classic staple in Italian cuisine that's perfect for adding flavour to pasta, salmon, chicken, sandwiches and salads. However, making it from scratch can take time and effort. The Thermomix makes preparing homemade pesto a breeze.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and simple.
- Jazzes up a boring meal.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Fresh basil - use the leaves and stalks and do not wash them; otherwise, they will be soggy! 20g is a lot, but it's worth it!
Garlic - use one peeled clove.
Pine nuts - no need to toast them beforehand, but you can if you want.
Parmesan - roughly chopped.
Olive oil - use a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
Salt - to taste.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Grate the Parmesan for 10 seconds and transfer it to a separate bowl. There is no need to clean the Thermomix bowl.
2. Add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil to the bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the bowl and repeat.
3. Add the reserved Parmesan cheese to the Thermomix bowl.
4. Reverse mix for a few seconds until it's combined.
Pesto is such a versatile ingredient. Here are a few suggestions for using it:-
- Stirred into pasta for a fuss-free speedy meal.
- Topped on baked salmon.
- Used as a dip for veggies.
- Spread on sandwiches for lunch.
- A flavourful topping for soups.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Store the Pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. It will thicken slightly, so give it a good stir before using it.
Yes, a great way to freeze pesto is in ice cube trays, then stored in a zip lock bag. It will last for up to 6 months.
For non-Thermomix recipes, head over to our sister site, Easy Deliciousness.