This is an easy recipe for Thermomix Royal Icing which you can use to decorate sugar cookies or stick gingerbread houses together. Make it colourful with a few drops of food colouring.
We love making all our icing in the Thermomix, just like this Chocolate Buttercream and plain Buttercream Icing.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Super versatile and straightforward.
- It can be made and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Egg white - at room temperature.
Lemon juice - use fresh lemon juice.
Icing sugar - also known as confectioners sugar. Use store-bought instead of making your own in the Thermomix, as it won't be as silky smooth.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Insert the butterfly whisk into the Thermomix bowl. Whisk the egg white and lemon juice together for 40 sec/speed 3 until fluffy.
2. Remove the butterfly whisk and add the icing sugar. Mix until fully incorporated.
This Royal Icing contains egg whites, so it must be stored in the fridge and consumed within 3 days. Bring it to room temperature before using it.
Thermomix Royal Icing
This is the perfect icing for decorating cookies or glueing gingerbread houses together.
- 1 large egg, white only
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 220g icing sugar
- Insert the Butterfly whisk. Add the egg white and lemon juice to the Thermomix bowl and whisk for 40 sec/speed 3.
- Remove the Butterfly whisk: Scrape down the bowl and add the icing sugar. Mix for 20 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl then, repeat for 20 sec/speed 5.
- Use as needed to decorate cookies, gingerbread etc. Add some colour with a few drops of food colouring.
This Royal Icing contains egg whites, so it must be stored in the fridge and consumed within three days. Bring it to room temperature before using it.
Leave a Comment