A delicious recipe for homemade crunchy Thermomix Granola that’s so simple to make. Just mix everything together in the Thermomix, then toast for half an hour and it’s ready to be enjoyed or stored for later.
There are hundreds of granola recipes out there but this one is really simple. It’s made with oats, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, raisins, maple syrup for sweetness, cinnamon for spice and some coconut oil to give it a lovely crunch. You could always add some nuts for extra goodness or some orange rind and juice, the possibilities are endless.
The cereal aisle in the supermarket is flooded with granola boxes, which are usually over laden with added sugar and very expensive. This recipe does have maple syrup but according to some it does have a few health benefits over the refined stuff.
I love it served with just almond milk, or jazzed up with yogurt and fresh berries. Once made, the granola can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry for a few weeks.
- 70g coconut oil
- 100g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 350 g rolled oats
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 150g raisins (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 150 C fan forced / 170 C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Start by melting the coconut oil in the TM bowl for 1 min/50°/speed 1. Add the maple syrup, vanilla essence and cinnamon to the TM bowl and mix for 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add the oats, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and mix 20 sec/reverse/speed 3 to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly on to the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once cooked, mix in the raisins and leave on the baking tray to cool completely.
- Once cooled, the granola can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry for a few weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 9g