A super simple recipe for Thermomix Stewed Rhubarb, made with two ingredients. Perfect for drizzling over Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream. This recipe allows the rhubarb to retain some of its shape without being boiled down into jam-like consistency.
Why We Love this Recipe
- Only two ingredients.
- Versatile - you can add some spices, such as ginger.
- Rhubarb has cleaning properties, which makes the Thermomix bowl sparkle!
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Rhubarb - use fresh rhubarb. Try to cut the rhubarb the same size so it cooks evenly.
Sugar - use caster sugar if you can, or white granulated sugar.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Add the rhubarb and sugar to the Thermomix bowl with a splash of water.
Step 2. Heat for 5 minutes at 100°.
Step 3. Turn the heat down to 80° and cook for 10 minutes. If you don't like the rhubarb chunky, simply cook for a few minutes longer.
We love rhubarb without any other flavours, but if you wanted, you could add some orange juice instead of water and orange zest. Some spices, including ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon, also pair well.
FAQs & Expert Tips
No - just trim the stalks at the top and bottom.
You can enjoy stewed rhubarb with Greek yogurt, vanilla ice cream, as a porridge topping and drizzled over a pavlova.
It should keep for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze it for up to 6 months.
You Might Also Like
- 400g fresh rhubarb, trimmed each end and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 70g caster sugar
- 20g water
- Add the rhubarb, sugar and water to the Thermomix bowl and cook for 5 mins/100°/reverse/soft speed. When finished, give the rhubarb a good stir.
- Cook for 10 mins/80°/reverse/soft speed. When finished, check that the rhubarb is cooked through. If it is still a bit raw, cook for a further few minutes at 80°/reverse/soft speed. I find timing varies depending on the size of the rhubarb pieces and whether you like the consistency chunky or smooth.
Wait for the rhubarb to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for 6 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.