This Thermomix Chocolate Mint Ice Cream is made with coconut milk, dates, peppermint essence, vanilla essence and cocoa powder. It’s simple to prepare and tastes delicious!
After paying an extortionate amount for a tub of vegan ice cream at the supermarket, I felt it was time to try making my own. This version is made with natural ingredients and sweetened with dates instead of refined sugar.
It’s a simple recipe to make but can be a little messy when you take the lid off of the Thermomix, which I discovered on my first attempt – there was brown mixture dripping everywhere!
Also, I have to stress – double check to make sure there are NO stones left in the dates. Even though they say pitted on the packet it is not always true. Many times I’ve come across stone fragments and they really don’t taste good and not to mention the damage they can do to your teeth.
This recipe makes about four servings but can easily be doubled to make more.
Because it’s a homemade ice cream, it will need to sit out of the freezer for about 20 minutes to soften otherwise it’s too hard to scoop.
You Might Also Love
- 180 g pitted dates, see note 1
- 300 ml boiled water
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes until nice and soft.
- Drain the dates (discard the hot water) and place them into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and chop again for 10 sec/speed 6.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend for 1 minute/speed 9. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 1 min/speed 9 until nice and creamy and no lumps. (be careful when taking the lid off as the mixture tends to drip everywhere).
- Pour into a freezer proof container (or containers) and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
If you buy pitted dates, double check to make sure the stones are completely out as quite often fragments are left in.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.