A dairy free Thermomix Chocolate Ice Cream made with all natural ingredients and sweetened with dates.
- 180 g pitted dates (note 1)
- 300 ml boiled water
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes until nice and soft.
- Drain the dates (discard the hot water) and place them into the TM bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and chop again for 10 sec/speed 6.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend for 1 minute/speed 9. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 1 min/speed 9 until nice and creamy and no lumps. (be careful when taking the lid off as the mixture tends to drip everywhere).
- Pour into a freezer proof container (or containers) and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
If you buy pitted dates, double check to make sure the stones are out as quite often they are left in.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix chocolate mint ice cream