If you're after a summer dessert to impress, our Thermomix Gin & Tonic Sorbet is light, refreshing and easy to make.
If you love a good Gin & Tonic then you'll love this zesty frozen version. It's simple to make in the Thermomix and requires only five ingredients - gin, tonic, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white to make it smooth.
The flavour is sweet, tangy and has the right amount of gin so it's not too overpowering. It can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer and will remain soft so there's no need to take it out to thaw before serving.
How to Make
Start by making the sugar syrup which is just sugar dissolved in hot water. You could make this with boiled water from a kettle and stir in the sugar by hand but I like to use the Thermomix as it's easy to measure everything and it stirs itself.
Once the sugar syrup is made, pour into a large freezer-proof container (over 1 litre capacity, allowing room for expansion) and let it cool for half an hour at room temperature then transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
Once it's cool, add the tonic water, lemon juice and gin and stir well to combine. Cover and freeze for 5-6 hours. Make sure the container is big enough as the mixture will expand when frozen.
After 5-6 hours, the sorbet will be frozen around the edges and slushie in the middle. Transfer to the Thermomix bowl, add the egg white and blend until lovely and smooth. Transfer back into the freezer to firm up before serving.
I love this served on its own with just a lemon wedge for garnish. Even though it contains a little gin, both my teenage daughters have enjoyed a small portion of this with no noticeable alcohol effect! (I probably wouldn't serve it to small children though🥴!).
You Might Also Like
- 250g water
- 300g white sugar
- 50ml gin
- juice of half a lemon, plus zest for decorating
- 500ml tonic water
- 1 egg white
- Start by making the sugar syrup: Add the water and sugar to the Thermomix bowl and heat for 5 mins/100°/speed 2 until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a large freezer-proof container measuring over 1 litre, cool and then chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Once the sugar syrup is chilled, add the gin, lemon juice and tonic water and stir well. Cover and freeze for 5-6 hours until semi frozen.
- Once the mixture is semi frozen, place into the Thermomix bowl with the egg white and blend for 30 sec/speed 9 until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the container, cover and freeze for a couple of hours or more to firm up.
- Decorate with strips of lemon or lime zest and enjoy!
Can be stored in the freezer - it will remain soft so no need to thaw out before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 0gSugar: 62gProtein: 0g