Donna Hay’s easy to make rich and fudgy Chocolate Brownies converted for the Thermomix.
Sometimes you just need some soul food and these rich and decadent Thermomix Chocolate Brownies hit the spot. They’re soft and gooey with a crackly top and take only ten minutes to prepare in the Thermomix.
What I love about them is they’re made with cocoa powder instead of cooking chocolate. Whenever I buy chocolate with good intentions of using it for cooking, it gets devoured by my greedy teens (or myself 😋).
The Thermomix makes light work of mixing everything together and before you know it they’re ready to bake. The chocolatey aroma wafting through the house is truly comforting and remains a few hours after they’ve been removed from the oven.
How to Make Step by Step
- Melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder in the TM bowl for 3 minutes on 50 degrees.
- Set the Thermomix running for 1 minutes whilst you add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract through the hole in the lid.
- Lastly, add the flour and mix for a few seconds until combined.
- Pour into a square brownie tin measuring 20cm x 20 cm, smooth over the top with the back of a spoon and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the centre is set.
- Leave to cool in the tin completely then cut into squares.
Some Variations To Take Them to the Next Level!
Try Adding These Before Baking: –
- Add some crunch to your brownies by adding some chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Stir in some white or dark chocolate chips or both for a triple chocolate brownie.
- Add some dried cherries for a sharp fruity contrast.
How to Store Them
If there happen to be any brownies left over, store them in an airtight container in a cool place for a few days.
To freeze, separate each brownie with baking paper so they don’t stick together and freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
You Might Also Like
- 150g butter, unsalted
- 275g caster sugar
- 75g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 75g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 140° fan forced and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa powder into the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 mins/50/speed 2.5.
- Set the Thermomix to 1 min/speed 3 and add the eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid followed by the vanilla extract. Keep the Thermomix running until the end of the minute.
- Add the flour and mix for 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl then mix again for 3 sec/speed 5 until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the centre is just set.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting up into 16 squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.