Making Lemon Curd in the Thermomix is super easy, you only need four ingredients, and it takes just fourteen minutes to cook. It saves a lot of effort standing over a hot stove constantly whisking away and is guaranteed to be lump-free.
Once you make this smooth and creamy Thermomix Lemon Curd, there is no going back to store-bought versions. It's deliciously sweet and tangy and lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
All you need is caster sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice and zest. I use four whole eggs and one egg yolk. There are different variations - I love this version as it gives the curd a lovely yellow colour.
Step by Step
- Insert the Butterfly whisk and place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Cook for 14 minutes/80°/speed 3 until lovely and thick - it will continue to thicken when it cools down.
Some recipes call for straining the lemon curd before it sets to get rid of the zest. I don't bother as it's messy and creates more washing up, and I find the cooked zest is hard to detect.
Transfer the lemon curd to a container or sterilised jar, then cover the surface with cling film to prevent skin from forming. Allow cooling on the bench-top, then store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ways to Enjoy Lemon Curd
- Spread over toast, Pancakes or Waffles
- Stir into Porridge
- Spread over Scones
- Spread over Cup Cakes
- Stir into Greek Yogurt
- Make mini lemon tarts
- Give as a lovely gift to someone special!
You Might Also Love
- 3 lemons, juice and zest
- 170g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs (or 5 medium ones)
- 1 egg yolk
- 220g caster sugar
- Roll the lemons on the bench top with the palm of your hand in order to release more juice then grate and juice them.
- Insert the Butterfly whisk: Add the juice, zest, butter, eggs and sugar to the Thermomix bowl and cook for 14 mins/80°/speed 3. (with the MC on)
- Pour the curd into a container or jar and cover the surface with clingfilm to prevent a skin forming. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools down. Once cool, the cling film can be removed.
- Store in the fridge and consume within two weeks.
It's a personal preference whether to seive the curd before storing to get rid of the lemon zest. I don't notice it too much so skip this step.
How to Store
Store in an airtight jar/container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ways to enjoy
Enjoy on toast, pancakes, waffles, cakes, scones or straight out of the jar!