An easy recipe for Thermomix Lemon Curd made in fifteen minutes. Enjoy it on toast, scones, pancakes, waffles, cakes and so much more.
Making Lemon Curd in the Thermomix is super easy, you only need four ingredients and it takes just fourteen minutes to cook. It saves a lot of effort standing over a hot stove constantly whisking away and is guaranteed to be lump-free.
Once you make this smooth and creamy Thermomix Lemon Curd there is no going back to store-bought versions. It's deliciously sweet and tangy and lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Ingredients to Make Lemon Curd
All you need is caster sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice and zest. I use four whole eggs and one egg yolk. There are different variations - I love this version as it gives the curd a lovely yellow colour.
Step by Step
- Insert the Butterfly whisk and place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Cook for 14 minutes/80°/speed 3 until lovely and thick - it will continue to thicken when it cools down.
Some recipes call for straining the lemon curd before it sets to get rid of the zest. I don't bother as it's messy and creates more washing up and I find the cooked zest is hard to detect.
Transfer the lemon curd to a container or sterilised jar, then cover the surface with cling film to prevent a skin forming. Allow cooling on the bench-top then store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ways to Enjoy Lemon Curd
- Spread over toast, Pancakes or Waffles
- Stir into Porridge
- Spread over Scones
- Spread over Cup Cakes
- Stir into Greek Yogurt
- Make mini lemon tarts
- Give as a lovely gift to someone special!
You Might Also Love
Thermomix Traditional Shortbread
Chocolate Brownies (Donna Hay Recipe)
Thermomix Lemon Curd
Deliciously sweet and tangy Thermomix Lemon Curd that's made in under fifteen minutes. Use it for spreading on toast, scones, pancakes, waffles, cakes and so much more.
- 3 lemons, juice and zest
- 170g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs (or 5 medium ones)
- 1 egg yolk
- 220g caster sugar
- Roll the lemons on the bench top with the palm of your hand in order to release more juice then grate and juice them.
- Insert the Butterfly whisk: Add the juice, zest, butter, eggs and sugar to the Thermomix bowl and cook for 14 mins/80°/speed 3. (with the MC on)
- Pour the curd into a container or jar and cover the surface with clingfilm to prevent a skin forming. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools down. Once cool, the cling film can be removed.
- Store in the fridge and consume within two weeks.
It's a personal preference whether to seive the curd before storing to get rid of the lemon zest. I don't notice it too much so skip this step.
How to Store
Store in an airtight jar/container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ways to enjoy
Enjoy on toast, pancakes, waffles, cakes, scones or straight out of the jar!
This lemon curd is delicious. I have tried other Thermomix recipes for lemon curd but this is the best one.
Thanks Veronica - so glad you enjoyed it!
I have to agree - It's thick, lush and ready to be eaten with a spoon 🙂 Winning recipe.
Thank you for your lovely comment Emma, so glad you enjoyed it. Vicki