These Thermomix Buttermilk Waffles are perfect for lazy weekend brunches when there's no rush to do anything. Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside they're even more delicious topped with some favourite toppings.
I've recently bought a Breville waffle iron to add to the many other Breville gadgets I own (slow cooker, bread maker, Nespresso machine etc).
The great thing about these waffles is they freeze well so you can make a big batch and freeze them to have for breakfast during the week. The trick is to cool them first on a wire rack so they don't go soggy and then pop them in a zip lock bag to freeze. For perfect instant waffles, just pop them in a toaster to thaw out and heat up.
If you've made fresh Butter in the Thermomix, you can use the leftover buttermilk for these waffles.
Just like pancakes, toppings are the best part. Some of my favourites are:-
Sliced Banana & Almond Butter
Any types of berries with maple syrup
Sliced banana and cream
Bacon & egg
Sliced apple, cinnamon & honey
Apple and Raspberry Compote
Yogurt, fruit compote & chocolate sauce
Thermomix Buttermilk Waffles
Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, these buttermilk waffles taste even more delicious topped with some favourite toppings.
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional if you like it a little sweeter
- 2 eggs
- 450g buttermilk
- Heat up the waffle iron according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Start by melting the butter in the Thermomix bowl for 2 mins/50/speed 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 5 sec/speed 5, scrape down the bowl then mix again for 5 sec/speed 5. Check the batter is fully combined if not mix again for a few more seconds.
- Pour half a cup of the batter into the waffle iron and cook as you would.
- Serve immediately or cool on a wire rack to freeze.
To Freeze - cool the Thermomix Waffles on wire rack until fully cooled then place them into zip lock bags or an airtight container to freeze. To thaw out just pop in the toaster for a few minutes until hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 15g
UMMM THE RECIPE WAS MISSING SOME OF THINGS LIKE: MILK
Oh no! Thank you for pointing that out. I recently updated the recipe and forgot to add it. It's there now 😊