A rustic lemon tart made with buttery pasty and delicious lemon filling. Tastes even better served with a dollop of cream!
For the Short Crust Pastry
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g butter (chilled and roughly chopped)
- pinch of sea salt
- 50–60 g water (chilled)
For the Lemon Filling
- 3 lemons (juice and zest)
- 170 g butter (roughly chopped)
- 4 large or 5 medium eggs
- 1 large or 1 medium egg yolk
- 220 g unrefined caster sugar
- 22 cm tart tin or pie dish
- For the lemon filling, roll the lemons on the bench top with the palm of your hand in order to release more juice. Grate the zest then juice the lemons and add to the Thermomix bowl along with the butter, eggs and sugar.
- Cook for 7 mins/90/speed 4. Once cooked, it should resemble a sauce like consistency. Pour into a bowl and cover with clingfilm to avoid a skin forming. Place in the fridge to cool.
- For the shortcrust pastry, place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Add the water and knead 1 min/Interval until the pastry comes together. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured bench top and knead into a tight ball and wrap in plastic and place in the fridge for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Once the pastry is chilled, take it out of the fridge and roll into a circle with a thickness of about 2mm. Press into the tart case leaving the edges overhanging to trim after baking (this will ensure the tart case is unaffected by the pastry shrinking). Prick the base with a fork.
- Take a sheet of baking paper larger than the tart tin and scrunch it up. This will make it easier to fit into the corners of the tin. Place dried beans or baking balls on top and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the baking paper and weights and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until golden brown. Take the tart out of the oven and allow to cool completely before running a knife around the edge of the tin to remove any excess pastry. Carefully lift the tart case out of the tin to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the lemon filling into the centre of the of the tart allowing it to flow evenly to the edges. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with fresh raspberries or a dollop of cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix lemon tart