A rich and decadent Thermomix Chocolate Pear Pudding that is quick and easy to make in the Thermomix. Served with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and it's comfort food at its finest.
This Chocolate Pear Pudding recipe is adapted from a Nigella recipe found in her book Nigella Express. It's so easy to make, and all the ingredients can be found in a well-stocked fridge and pantry.
Chocolate and pears are perfectly matched, and what I love about this dessert is the oozy self-chocolate sauce it produces after it’s been baked. Tinned pears are great to use as there’s always a spare tin lying around at the back of the cupboard, but you could also use fresh ripe pears.
I love making this in the cooler months when I need a last-minute dessert and don't feel like putting much effort in. All you need to do is drain the pears into a large baking dish or individual ramekins, mix the batter ingredients for 30 seconds, then pour it over the pears and bake.
This Chocolate Pear Pudding tastes amazing on its own or even better with some salted caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a day and then reheated in the microwave.
The original recipe for Chocolate Pear Pudding by Nigella Lawson can be found on her website here. I have changed the type and quantity of sugar and made it with the addition of milk so that the batter spreads easier.
You May Also Love
- 1 x 825g can of pear halves in juice or 2 x 400g tins, you could also use fresh peeled pears
- 125g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 50g milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan / 200°C and grease a 22cm square or oval ovenproof dish or one of similar proportions. You could also use 4-6 ramekins.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish (without the juice).
- Put all the remaining ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 15 sec/speed 5 until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pears and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Let it stand out of the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge then reheated in the microwave when needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 35gProtein: 6g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.