A rich comforting chocolate pear pudding that takes only 30 seconds to mix together in the Thermomix. Tastes even better served with freshly whipped cream.
- 1 x 825g can of pear halves in juice
- 125 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g soft butter ((plus extra for greasing))
- 50 g milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan forced and grease a 22cm square ovenproof dish or one of similar proportions.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl, and mix 15 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 15 sec/speed 5 until you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pears and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it stand out of the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving with cream or ice cream.
- Category: Dessert