An old fashioned favourite, this Thermomix Lemon Delicious pudding emerges from the oven with a magical golden sponge layer on top of a deliciously tangy sauce.
Lemon Delicious Pudding also goes by the name of Lemon Self Saucing Pudding, Lemon Surprise Pudding and Jamie Oliver calls it Lemon Curdy Pud!! Either way, it's totally delicious and tastes even better with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
When it comes to desserts, Lemon Delicious Pudding is a family favourite of ours along with Apple Crumble and Chocolate Pear Pudding. It's an easy dessert to make in the Thermomix and takes just fifteen minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to bake. It can be served hot or warm and tastes amazing with some fresh berries on top.
Step by Step Tips
- Start by making the lemon batter in the Thermomix (see the recipe card at the end of this post for full instructions). Once the batter is made, pour into a separate bowl and wash and dry the Thermomix bowl and butterfly whisk thoroughly until they’re sparkly clean.
- Whip the egg whites in the Thermomix into soft peaks then pour into the bowl with the lemon mixture. Gently fold together with a manual handheld whisk. Try not to over mix otherwise, the sponge will be dense.
- Gradually swirl the mixture together in circular movements until fully combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and place it in a large baking tray. To achieve the lovely lemony sauce at the bottom, fill the baking tray ¾ way up with boiling water. Be careful not to burn yourself as you put it in the oven.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until lightly golden on top and the sponge has puffed up. Dust with a little icing sugar and enjoy it as it is or served it with cream or ice cream.
You Might Also Like
Thermomix Lemon Tart
Spiced Pear Crumble with Vanilla Whipped Cream
Thermomix Apple Crumble
Thermomix Apple Galette
Thermomix Sticky Date Pudding
Thermomix Lemon Delicious Pudding
A deliciously light and fluffy lemon dessert with a lovely golden sponge on top and a lemony zesty sauce underneath.
- 175g white sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest (or 2 small lemons)
- 200g full cream milk
- 60g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160° C fan forced / 180° C and grease a shallow baking dish with butter. I use an oval one measuring 24cm x 17cm x 4cm deep.
- Weigh the sugar into the Thermomix bowl and pulverise for 10 sec/speed 9. Add the butter and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down the bowl, insert the butterfly whisk and mix for 2 mins/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl.
- With the blades rotating on speed 2, add the egg yolks one at a time through the hole in the lid until combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 5 sec/speed 2 until fully combined.
- Remove the butterfly whisk: Add the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour to the mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 5 until smooth with no lumps. Pour the batter into a large separate bowl.
- Clean and dry the Thermomix bowl and butterfly whisk thoroughly until they're sparkly clean.
- Add the egg whites to the Thermomix bowl, insert the butterfly whisk and and whip for 2 mins/speed 3.5 until soft peaks form (with the MC off).
- Pour the fluffy egg whites into the bowl with the batter and using a hand held manual whisk gently fold in the mixture and swirl it around until fully combined (see photo in recipe post). Try not to over mix otherwise it won't be light and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and place it in a large baking tray. To achieve the lovely lemony sauce at the bottom, fill the baking tray ¾ way up with boiling hot water. Be careful not to burn yourself as you put it in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until lightly golden on top and the sponge is fluffed up.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve straight away with a dollop of cream on top.
See recipe post for step by step photos.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Absolutely delicious. My 13 yr old son made this so very easy!
Hi Lisa, thank you so much - I'm glad you enjoyed it! Vicki
Hello..Looks perfect. Can I prepare it ahaead , keep it in the fridge and bake it last minute?
Hi - I do not recommend mixing this in advance and baking later. The egg whites will deflate if they are mixed ahead of time. Vicki.