A deliciously light and fluffy Lemon Delicious dessert with a lovely golden sponge on top and a lemony zesty sauce underneath.
- 175g white sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest (or 2 small lemons)
- 200g whole milk
- 60g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160° fan forced and grease a shallow baking dish with butter. The oval one that I used measures 24cm x 17cm x 4cm deep.
- Weigh the sugar into the TM bowl and pulverise for 10 sec/speed 9. Add the butter and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down the bowl, insert the Butterfly and whip for 90 sec/speed 3 until light and creamy. Scrape down the bowl.
- With the blades rotating on speed 2, add the egg yolks slowly through the hole in the top until fully combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 5 sec/speed 2 until combined.
- Take the Butterfly out, add the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour to the TM bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 5 until smooth and no lumps. Pour the mixture aside into a separate bowl.
- Wash and clean the TM bowl and butterfly attachment thoroughly and let it dry completely.
- Add the egg whites to the TM bowl, insert the butterfly and and whip for 2 mins/speed 3.5 until soft peaks form.
- Using a manual hand held whisk (not electric), carefully add the egg white mixture to the batter and fold gently until fully combined (see photo). Be careful not to over mix otherwise it won’t be light and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and put it into a baking tray. Fill the baking tray 3/4 way up with boiling hot water. (see photo)
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve straight away with a dollop of cream on top.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix lemon delicious