This wholesome Thermomix Chocolate Granola is a delicious blend oats, seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon. It’s crunchy, guilt-free and beats a bowl of Coco Pops any day!
Store-bought granolas are often packed full of refined sugar, artificial flavourings and additives so it’s great to make your own. It’s easy to do in the Thermomix and if you want a non-chocolate version I also have a recipe for Simple Thermomix Granola made with slightly different ingredients.
Simple Steps to Make
Simply melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon in the Thermomix then add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix on reverse speed to combine. Tip the mixture out onto a large baking tray and spread evenly into a thin layer. Toast in the oven for half an hour, turning the granola halfway through with a spatula.
Ways to Serve our Chocolate Granola
Our favourite way of enjoying Chocolate Granola is with some Greek yoghurt and fresh berries. It also tastes delicious the following ways:-
- Just on its own with some milk.
- Sprinkled on top of porridge.
- Sprinkled on top of peanut butter or almond butter toast.
- Sprinkled over a smoothie bowl.
Optional Add Ins
We love our Chocolate Granola just as it is but you could also add either or all these ingredients after baking to jazz it up:-
- Dried fruit such as raisins, chopped dates and apricots.
- Cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Crushed nuts such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans.
- Freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries.
How to Store
To keep the granola as fresh as possible, transfer to an airtight container or jar and store in a cool dark place. Consume within a month.
Some More Thermomix Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
- 70g coconut oil
- 70g maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g rolled oats
- 50g shredded coconut
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC fan / 170°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and cinnamon to the Thermomix bowl and heat for 2 mins/50°/speed 2 until melted.
- Add the oats, shredded coconut, seeds and salt and mix for 20 sec/reverse/speed 2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and along the bottom with a spatula and mix again for 20 sec/reverse/speed 2.
- Spread the mixture evenly out in a thin layer on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning the granola halfway through. Don't overbake as it can burn easily.
- Once cooked, allow to cool on the baking tray completely before storing.
Store in an airtight container or jar in a cool dark place. Consume within a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.