The best apple crumble recipe ever! You can’t beat the traditional apple filling topped with crispy, buttery crumble, it’s so scrumptious and comforting!
For the Filling
- 4 apples (any type, (peeled and cored))
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping
- 160 g plain flour
- 115 g cold unsalted butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170C fan forced).
- Peel and core the apples and slice them roughly into 1 cm thick pieces. Place them into a shallow dish and toss with cinnamon and sugar until they are fully coated. I used a 23cm x 17cm oval dish.
- Weigh the flour, butter and sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 sec/speed 5. The mixture will resemble wet sand, don’t mix for longer or it will turn to pastry!
- Scatter the crumble mixture evenly over the apples and gently press down with the back of a fork. Sprinkle the oats on top and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with hot piping custard, a thick dollop of cream or some vanilla ice cream.
The crumble can be frozen either before or after being baked in the oven.
- Category: Dessert