This heartwarming Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Soup can be on the table in under thirty minutes. It’s deliciously creamy, comforting and perfect for a chilly day.
This is our new favourite soup at the moment. It’s made with all the good stuff – cauliflower florets, garlic, cream, Parmesan, butter, cheddar cheese and vegetable stock.
Being English, a good vintage cheddar makes all the difference. Mersey Valley Cheddar which is sold in Coles and Woolies is my current favourite, it has a lot of bite and is crumbly enough to melt into the soup.
I love the convenience of using the Thermomix to make soups from scratch. You can set and forget whilst getting on with other jobs and it saves time and effort washing up as it’s made in just the one mixing bowl.
The Best Soup Stock
For this recipe, I’ve used Massel vegetable stock cubes dissolved in hot water as I love the taste and convenience. If using the Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate, 1 tablespoon equates to 1 store-bought stock cube. If using cold stock from a carton such as Campbells, just increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
I love it served with some crusty sourdough or my Thermomix soft bread rolls. If you’re a cheese lover like me, you could also have it with a grilled cheese toasty for a substantial meal.
Make It Different
Try adding some grilled bacon on top!
To Make Ahead
This soup will last up to three days in the fridge in an airtight container. Because it contains cream, it’s best not to freeze it as the cream will separate resulting in a grainy texture.
Some More Delicious Soup Recipes To Try
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (see tips on how to peel garlic in the Thermomix)
- 10g butter, I recommend unsalted
- 650g cauliflower florets, (a medium to large size cauliflower)
- 600ml vegetable stock, I use Massel stock cubes for this recipe dissolved in hot water, see note 1
- 100ml cream
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Good quality cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top
- seasoning to taste
- Place the peeled garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the bowl, add the butter and saute 3 mins/100/speed 1 (with the MC off).
- Add the cauliflower florets and chop for 2 sec/speed 5 to break them up.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for 15 mins/100/speed 1. See note 1.
- Check the cauliflower is cooked through, add the parmasan, cream and blend for 1 min/speed 8, very slowly increasing the speed. If it's too thick, add a little more hot water until desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Serve topped with some good quality cheddar cheese and enjoy with some soft bread rolls or crusty sough dough bread.
- If using stock cubes or the Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate, dissolve in boiling hot water first. If using cold stock from a carton such as Campbells, increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
- This soup can be made ahead and tastes even better the next day. Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.