This heartwarming Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Soup can be on the table in under thirty minutes. It's deliciously creamy, comforting and perfect for a chilly day.
This Cheesy Cauliflower soup is our new favourite soup at the moment. The simple ingredients are cauliflower florets, garlic, cream, Parmesan, butter, cheddar cheese and vegetable stock.
I love the convenience of using the Thermomix to make soups from scratch. You can set and forget whilst getting on with other jobs (or lying on the couch), and there is less washing up.
The Best Soup Stock
I've used Massel vegetable stock cubes dissolved in hot water for this recipe as I love the taste and convenience. If using the Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate, 1 tablespoon equates to 1 store-bought stock cube. If using cold stock from a carton such as Campbells, just increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
I love this soup with crusty sourdough or my Thermomix soft bread rolls. If you're a cheese lover, you could have it with some grilled cheese toasties.
This soup tastes amazing with grilled bacon on top or crunchy cheesy croutons.
This soup will last up to three days in the fridge in an airtight container. Because it contains cream, it's best not to freeze it as it will separate (due to the cream), resulting in a grainy texture.
You Might Also Like
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10g butter
- 650g cauliflower florets, (a medium to large size cauliflower)
- 600ml vegetable stock, I use Massel stock cubes for this recipe dissolved in hot water, see note 1
- 100ml cream
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Good quality cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top
- seasoning to taste
- Place the peeled garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the bowl, add the butter and saute 3 mins/100°/speed 1 with the measuring cap off.
- Add the cauliflower florets and chop for 2 sec/speed 5 to break them up.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for 15 mins/100°/speed 1. See note.
- Check the cauliflower is cooked through, add the Parmesan, cream and blend for 1 min/speed 8, very slowly increasing the speed. If it's too thick, add a little more hot water until desired consistency.
- Check the seasoning, then serve topped with some good quality cheddar cheese. Enjoy with these Thermomix Soft Bread Rolls or crusty sourdough bread.
- If using stock cubes or the Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate, dissolve in boiling hot water first. If using cold stock from a carton such as Campbells, increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
The soup can be made ahead and tastes even better the next day. Store in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within three days.
This soup is not suitable for freezing as it contains cream (which will separate).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.