A comforting Thermomix Cauliflower Cheese which takes minimal preparation and makes a wonderful accompaniment to a Sunday roast.
Making Cheese Sauce in the Thermomix was one of the first things I learned back in 2014 and is still one of the most popular recipes I make today.
It saves a lot of time and effort and is guaranteed to be free of any dreaded lumps. There are many possibilities with Cheese Sauce but for me, Cauliflower Cheese is what I use it for the most.
Steaming cauliflower florets in the Varoma takes about 25-30 minutes so I use the quick method of boiling them on the stove. I usually do this for about 5-6 minutes until slightly soft but still a little raw inside as they will continue to cook in the oven and there nothing worse than soggy cauliflower!
Whilst the cauliflower is boiling away on the stove, you can get on with making the cheese sauce. Once everything is ready, just assemble and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
Cauliflower Cheese can be served as a side dish with anything or it's equally as nice on its own or with some crusty bread. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
More Cauliflower Recipes
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Thermomix Cauliflower Cheese
A comforting Thermomix Cauliflower Cheese which takes minimal preparation and is a wonderful side dish to have with a Sunday roast.
- 1 medium to large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into florets
For the Cheese Sauce
- 60g plain flour
- 30g unsalted butter
- 500g full cream milk
- 150g of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower florets. Cook until tender but slightly raw inside (about 5-6 mins), try not to overcook as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- To make the cheese sauce: Weigh the butter, flour and milk into the Thermomix bowl and cook for 6 mins/90°/speed 4 until thickened. Add 100g cheese and blend for 30 sec/speed 9 gradually increasing the speed.
- Once the cauliflower has boiled, drain it and place into a large baking dish.
- Cover the cauliflower with the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Great recipe! It worked perfectly
I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you for leaving a lovely comment xx
Easy and delicious
Could this be halved? Would you need to reduce cooking time?
Hi Kate, I haven't made the cheese sauce with half the quantities so can't say for certain if it will turn out okay. Vicki.
Love this recipe!
I am wanting to double it, should I double the cooking time?
Hi Kate, there is no need to double the cooking time. Kind regards, Vicki