This Thermomix Cauliflower Rice is quick and easy to make and a great alternative to normal rice if you’re on a low carb diet.
Cauliflower rice is cauliflower that has been pulsed into rice shaped granules. It’s fairly bland on its own but when cooked and seasoned with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice it tastes delicious.
You can either cook it gently in a frying pan with a little butter or olive oil for a few minutes or microwave it for 2 – 3 minutes. You could also steam it in the Thermomix for a few minutes but I prefer the microwave method as it’s quicker and less lightly to go mushy.
Ways to use Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is a satisfying and healthy base for many dishes and there is no end to the herbs and spices you can add to jazz it up. You could make Cauliflower Couscous with Middle Eastern spices or a grain free Fried Rice. I love to have it with my Thermomix Vegetarian Chilli for a nutritious meal.
Freezing Cauliflower Rice
You can easily freeze cauliflower rice which is good when cauliflowers are on special at the supermarket. Simply bag the rice up in a zip lock bag, write the quantity and date and them lie them flat in freezer. There’s no need to thaw them before cooking, just cook it a little longer.
If you’re a big cauliflower fan then check out my Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Soup which is the perfect winter comfort food. Also my Cauliflower Cheese is the perfect accompaniment to a Sunday Roast.
Some More Thermomix Recipes You May Like
- 300g-500g Cauliflower, without leaves
- Discard the leaves from the cauliflower and roughly cut into pieces.
- Place into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 5 until rice shaped granules form. If it doesn't resemble 'rice' then chop for 1-2 seconds more but DON'T over mix otherwise it will become a dip!
- To cook, microwave for two to three minutes in an uncovered microwave bowl. Or alternative lightly saute for a few minutes with some butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- To steam in the Thermomix, place the cauliflower rice into the simmering basket, add 500g of water and steam for 8-10 mins/varoma/speed 3. It's best not to cook it for too long otherwise it will go mushy.
- To freeze, simply place the raw cauliflower into a zip lock bag, write the quantity and date and then lie flat in the freezer for up to 8 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 100g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.