A nourishing Thermomix Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup, packed with veggies and made in 30 minutes.
This vibrant soup is the perfect anecdote to a chilly winter's day. It's made with just 7 ingredients and one Thermomix bowl.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy, comforting and delicious.
- The soup freezes well.
- A one-bowl recipe.
Note: The full quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Onion - peeled and cut in half.
Garlic - peeled.
Olive oil - use a good quality extra virgin.
Paprika - use smoked paprika and not sweet.
Sweet potatoes - peeled and roughly chopped (1 large).
Carrots - tops and ends taken off. I give them a quick wash instead of peeling them.
Vegetable stock - you could also use chicken stock.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
1. Add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add the oil and paprika and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and chop until fine. Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes. Check whether the veggies are soft; if not, cook for a few minutes.
3. Blend the soup very carefully, increasing the speed to 8.
FAQs & Expert Tips
The soup will last up to 3 days (covered) in the fridge.
Yes, the soup will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
You May Also Love
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 10g olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika, (not sweet paprika)
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped (approximately 1 large potato)
- 200g carrots, tops and ends taken off
- 500ml vegetable stock/chicken stock
- Seasoning to taste
- Add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the paprika and olive oil and cook for 5 mins/100°/speed 1 without the measuring cap.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the stock and cook for 10-15 mins/100°/speed 1 with the measuring cap on. Test the vegetables to ensure they are soft; if not, cook for a few more minutes.
- Blend the soup for 1 min/speed 8, slowly increasing the speed to 8. If the soup is too thick, add more water or stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
- This recipe makes two big bowls of soup or three smaller ones. We love serving our soup with Thermomix Soft Bread Rolls or Thermomix Focaccia Bread.
Store the soup in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 8gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.