A warming soup which is perfect for Autumn.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped into quarters
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch coriander, about a handful
- 500g carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock (I used Campbells)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onion and garlic to the TM Bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the olive oil and cook for 4 mins/100/speed 1.
- Add the carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl, add the chicken stock, ground coriander and cook for 10 mins/100/speed 1.
- Once finished, check the carrots are cooked, add the fresh coriander and then blend for 30 sec/speed 9, VERY SLOWLY INCREASING THE SPEED. I always hold the lid with an oven glove just to be on the safe side.
- Check for seasoning, consistency – add more water if desired.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh coriander on top and some warm crusty bread.
To freeze, allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months.
Keywords: thermomix carrot and coriander soup