A hearty Thermomix Carrot and Coriander Soup that will warm you up on a cold, dreary day. With only a few ingredients required, it can be ready on the table in as little as twenty minutes!
There’s nothing more comforting than curling up with a big bowl of soup and a freshly baked bread roll. I love making soups in the Thermomix as it does all the chopping, cooking and blending.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Carrot and coriander is a classic flavour combination.
- Only 7 ingredients plus seasoning.
- The ability to set and forget.
- It can be made at the last minute to enjoy or freeze for a standby supper.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Start by chopping the onions and garlic in the Thermomix, then saute.
Then add the carrots and chop finely, then the stock and coriander and cook for ten minutes until soft. Lastly, blend until smooth. That’s all there is to it!
FAQs & Expert Tips
A swirl of yoghurt or some toasted pumpkin seeds makes it even tastier.
To Freeze, let the soup cool to room temperature before transferring it to a zip lock bag or airtight container. Label and freeze the soup for up to three months. Thaw out at room temperature overnight or on the stovetop or microwave.
Carrot and Coriander Soup will last up to three days in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 500g carrots, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- seasoning to taste
- Place the peeled onion and garlic into the Thermomix Bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the olive oil and saute for 5 mins/100/speed 2 without the measuring cup.
- Add the carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the ground coriander and vegetable stock and cook for 10-12 mins/100/speed 1 with the measuring cup on.
- Once finished, check the carrots are soft and cooked through. If not, cook for another couple of minutes or so. Add the fresh coriander and blend for 1 min/speed 9, slowly increasing the speed - be extra careful if you have the old TM31.
- Check for seasoning and consistency - add more water if desired.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh coriander on top and some warm crusty bread.
The soup will last up to three days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
To freeze the soup, allow it to cool, then store it in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1042mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.