A brilliant and wholesome Thermomix Carrot and Coriander Soup that will warm you up on a cold dreary day. With only a few ingredients required and the help of the Thermomix, it can be ready on the table in as little as twenty minutes!
There’s nothing more comforting than curling up with a big bowl of soup and a freshly baked bread roll. I love making soups in the Thermomix as it does all the chopping, heating and blending therefore saving time and effort on washing up. Also being able to set and forget whilst it’s bubbling away is so convenient.
Carrot and Coriander is a classic combination and this recipe requires only seven ingredients. It can be made at the last minute to enjoy or made to freeze for a standby supper.
How to Make
Firstly, chop the onion and garlic in the TM bowl then sautéed until translucent (I love using the Thermomix for chopping onions instead of by hand😭).
Then add the carrots and chop finely, then the stock and coriander and cook for ten minutes until soft. Lastly, blend until smooth. That’s all there is to it!
For some toppings, you could swirl in some yogurt, add some pumpkin seeds or a squeeze of lime. Or it tastes just as good with a generous grind of black pepper and some Thermomix Soft Bread Rolls.
To Make Ahead and Freeze
Carrot and Coriander Soup will last up to three days in the refrigerator. To Freeze, let the soup cool to room temperature before transferring to a zip lock bag or airtight container. Label and freeze the soup for up to three months. Thaw out at room temperature overnight or on the stove top or microwave.
Some More Hearty Thermomix Soup Recipes
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 500g carrots, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- seasoning to taste
- Place the peeled onion and garlic into the Thermomix Bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the olive oil and saute for 5 mins/100/speed 2 without the measuring cup.
- Add the carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the ground coriander, vegetable stock and cook for 10-12 mins/100/speed 1 with the measuring cup on.
- Once finished, check the carrots are soft and cooked through, add the fresh coriander and blend for 1 min/speed 9, very slowly increasing the speed - be extra careful if you have the old TM31.
- Check for seasoning and consistency - add more water if desired.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh coriander on top and some warm crusty bread.
The soup will last up to three days in the fridge.
To freeze the soup, allow to cool completely then store in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.