A quick and nourishing Thermomix Tomato and White Bean Soup packed with veggies. It takes only 20 minutes to make from store cupboard staples.
We love a good wholesome soup on a cold, rainy day, and the Thermomix makes light work of making one. This is one of my favourite recipes, as it's quick, healthy, and there's no manual chopping involved. The addition of cannellini beans gives the soup richness and creaminess without adding cream.
If you love a good cosy soup recipe, be sure to check out our Thermomix Minestrone Soup, packed with loads of veggies and pasta.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Made from whole foods.
- Minimal washing up.
- There is little planning, which makes it a perfect last-minute meal.
Note: The full ingredients and quantities are shown in the recipe card below.
Chopped tomatoes - use a high-quality tin of tomatoes, such as the Italian brand Mutti. I find their tomatoes sweeter and less watery than other brands. They can easily be bought in Woolies and Coles, and they are not much more expensive.
Cannelini beans - just one tin, drained and rinsed. Butter beans also work well in this recipe.
Basil - fresh basil gives the soup a lovely fragrant aroma.
Oregano - dried oregano is good to use.
Tomato puree - adds richness to the soup.
Vegetable stock - use either homemade or store-bought.
Step by Step Directions
Note: This is a summary of the instructions. The full ingredients and instructions are shown in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Place the peeled onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Step 2. Add the olive oil and cook the garlic and onions for 5 minutes until soft.
Step 3-4. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Then heat the soup up in the Thermomix for 10 minutes until piping hot. If the soup is too thick, thin it out with a little water.
We love this soup served with fresh soft bread rolls or a slice of crusty sourdough. It also tastes delicious with some grated Parmesan on top.
FAQs & Expert Tips
Yes - butter beans or navy beans work well in this recipe.
Yes - allow the soup to cool down first before freezing.
The soup will last a couple of days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
You May Also Like
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 10g olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes, note 1
- 1 x 400g tin cannellni beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 250mls (1 cup) vegetable stock
- cracked black pepper
- Add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the olive oil, cook for 5 mins/100°/speed 1 without the measuring cap.
- Add the tomatoes, cannellini beans, basil, oregano, tomato puree and vegetable stock, and blend for 30 sec/speed 9. Check the consistency, if the soup is too thick, and add a little water then blend again.
- Heat the soup for 10 mins/100°/speed 3.
- Serve with cracked black pepper, some soft bread rolls, and some grated Parmesan on top if desired.
Note 1. The Italian brand Mutti is one of my favourites, as they are sweeter and less watery than other brands.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 874mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 12gSugar: 26gProtein: 16g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.