This fruity Thermomix Apple and Raspberry Compote is perfect for breakfast! It's bursting with goodness and elevates a dull bowl of porridge to the next level! It also compliments Greek yoghurt, waffles and pancakes.
Fruit compotes are so easy to make in the Thermomix as all the ingredients go into the mixing bowl simultaneously, and then you sit and forget. It's a real time saver, not having to stand and manually stir over a hot saucepan, and this method is guaranteed not to burn or boil over.
If you love compotes, I have another recipe on my blog for Blueberry Compote, made with fresh blueberries, lemon and maple syrup.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Ready in under 15 minutes.
- It is made with 5 ingredients.
- Wholesome and nourishing.
Raspberries - frozen raspberries are better for this recipe.
Apple - Granny Smiths are the best apples because they don't go mushy.
Cinnamon - adds a hint of spice.
Lemon juice - use fresh lemon juice.
Maple syrup - add as much or little as you wish, depending on taste.
Step by Step Directions
1. Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix bowl except for the maple syrup.
2. Cook for 12 minutes, then add maple syrup, depending on taste.
This recipe makes two portions and can easily be doubled. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
You Might Also Like
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- Peel and core the apple and roughly cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Add to the Thermomix bowl along with the frozen raspberries, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Cook for 12 min/80°/reverse/speed 1 with the Measuring Cap off until the apple is tender.
- Add the maple syrup to taste and serve whilst still hot.
- The compote can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.