An easy and delicious Thermomix recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies which taste amazing!
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 80g brown sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- With the butterfly attachment in, add the softened butter and sugars to the TM bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 15 sec/speed 3.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix 10 sec/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 3.
- Take out the butterfly and tap it gently on the insides of the TM bowl to shake off the batter.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, pinch of salt and knead for 50 sec/interval speed until the mixture forms a dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips gently by hand. We recommend chilling the dough in the fridge for 5-15 minutes to make it easier to work with but if you’re short on time then skip this step.
- Using either an ice cream scoop for large cookies or a heaped teaspoon if you’d like smaller cookies, scoop out the mixture onto the baking tray, spacing them well apart as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.
- Leave the cookies to cool for ten minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place for up to three days or alternatively freeze them.
Cookie dough can be frozen. A great way to freeze the dough is to roll it up into a sausage shape then wrap in cling film and when you’re ready to bake them you can just slice off pieces and pop them straight into the oven.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Chocolate Chip Cookies