This nourishing Thermomix Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup is a dreamy one pot wonder! It requires minimal effort and is ready on the table in thirty minutes.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 10g olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 600g peeled sweet potato, roughly cut into 3–5cm chunks
- 150g dried red lentils
- 750ml vegetable stock, made with boiling water, see note 1
- black pepper to taste
- Place the onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the curry powder and olive oil and saute for 5 mins/100°/speed 1 with the MC off.
- Add all the other ingredients and cook 20 mins/100°/speed 1 with the MC on.
- Once finished, check that the sweet potatoes are cooked through, if not cook for another few minutes or so.
- Blend for 1 min/speed 8 very slowly increasing the speed. Check consistency and add a little more water if too thick.
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately with your favourite crusty bread.
- I’m a huge fan of using Massel Vegetable Stock Cubes in all my soups as I prefer the flavour but feel free to use the Vegetable Stock Concentrate.
- To freeze, allow the soup to cool completely before pouring into a ziplock bag.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix curried lentil and sweet potato soup