This nourishing Thermomix Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup is a dreamy one pot wonder! It requires minimal effort and is ready on the table in thirty minutes.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 20g olive oil
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped, (approx 2–3 medium sweet potatoes)
- 150g dried red lentils
- 750ml vegetable stock, made with boiling water, see note 1
- black pepper to taste
- Place the onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl, add the curry powder and olive oil and saute for 5 mins/100°/speed 2 with the MC off.
- Add the sweet potato and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the lentils and stock and cook for 20 mins/100°/speed 1 with the MC on.
- Once finished, check that the lentils and sweet potatoes are cooked through, if not cook for another few minutes more.
- If you like your soup chunky then it should be ready to eat as is and there’s no need to blend. Add a little water if it’s too thick.
- For smooth soup – blend for 1 min/speed 8 very slowly increasing the speed. Check the consistency and add a little more water if too thick.
- Another option is to pour half the soup into a bowl and blend the remaining half then mix the two together to give a mix of chunky and smooth soup!
- Season with black pepper and serve immediately with your favourite crusty bread or bread rolls.
- I’m a huge fan of Massel Vegetable Stock Cubes in all my soup recipes as I love the flavour but feel free to use the Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate. 1 tablespoon of concentrate equates to one vegetable stock cube.
- To freeze, allow the soup to cool completely then pour into an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: thermomix curried lentil and sweet potato soup