A basic recipe for Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate that you can store in the fridge or freezer for whenever needed.
This version of Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate is slightly different from the Everyday Cookbook version. I use a lot less salt so that it freezes well and have added a slightly different mix of vegetables.
Obviously you can use any old leftover veg you like but I find this version works really well in soups, curries and casseroles etc. I always make a big batch and store it in the freezer for whenever needed.
For making soups, the rule of thumb is to use roughly one tablespoon of vegetable stock per 500ml water, but you can use more or less depending on taste.
- 2 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 3-4 springs of flat leaf parsley
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all the vegetables and herbs into the mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 6.
- Add salt and olive oil and cook for 15 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Once cooked, blend for 30 sec/speed 9 until it's smooth.
- Freeze into ice cube trays for whenever needed or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.