This Thermomix Mango Sorbet with Mint and Lime tastes just like a Mojito but without the rum! It’s refreshingly creamy, tangy, tropical and naturally sweetened with honey.
One of the best things about the Thermomix is it’s ability to make sorbet in less than 5 minutes without the help of an ice cream maker. Unfortunately store bought sorbets are packed full of sugar and other additives so making your own is definitely worth the effort.
Both Coles and Woolies sell frozen mango pieces in the freezer section for about $4 each so you could make this dessert all year round. I’ve never been good at cutting fresh mangoes so the frozen pieces make life so much easier.
Thermomix Mango Sorbet with Mint and Lime
- 500 g frozen mangoes note 1
- 5-10 mint leaves
- 10 g honey
- juice of half a lime
- 1 egg white optional to make it smooth
- Add the mango and mint to the TM Bowl and blitz for 20 sec/speed 9. Scrape down the bowl.
- Insert the butterfly attachment and add all the other ingredients and mix for 1-2 minutes/speed 3 until nice and creamy. Sometimes the butterfly gets stuck and the error beep occurs - if this happens just keep scraping the bowl down. It will eventually work as the mangoes begin to softens and thaw out.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Both Coles and Woolies sell frozen mango pieces in the freezer section. A 500g pack is about $4-5.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.