A simple recipe for Thermomix Chocolate Easter Egg Nests made with melted chocolate, shredded coconut and mini eggs. They’re super fun to make with or without the kids these school holidays.
These cute crunchy nests are made by melting chocolate in the Thermomix for 4-5 minutes then stirring in the shredded coconut. I love that the Thermomix can easily melt chocolate at the precise temperature of 50° while stirring at the same time.
There are a few chocolate nest recipes out there that are made with crispy noodles such as Teninas recipe here and Bake Play Smiles recipe here. You could also use cornflakes or shredded wheat. I’ve chosen shredded coconut as it reminds me of Bounty Bars!
Some Helpful Tips
- I’ve used milk chocolate for this recipe but you could use dark or white chocolate.
- Shredded coconut is best instead of desiccated coconut as looks more like a nest and will hold together better.
- Cupcake cases make life so much easier.
- Allow the nests to set in the fridge for 20 minutes but then store in a cool dark place otherwise they are too hard to eat.
- Place the mini eggs into the nest as soon as possible so they stick whilst the chocolate is still warm.
- Try not to eat the mixture before it reaches the cupcake cases! (I am very guilty of this).
To Make as Gifts
These would make lovely gifts wrapped up in cellophane as long as you don't live anywhere too hot for the chocolate to melt.
You Might Also Like
Chocolate Chia Bliss Balls
Donna Hay's Chocolate Brownies
Thermomix Easter Egg Nests
A simple recipe for Thermomix Chocolate Easter Egg Nests made with melted chocolate, shredded coconut and mini eggs. They’re fun to make with or without the kids these school holidays.
- 250g milk chocolate
- 150g shredded coconut
- 1 packet mini eggs, I used Cadburys
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Roughly break the chocolate up into pieces then place in the Thermomix bowl and grate for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl and melt for 2 mins/50/speed 2. Scrape down the bowl and melt again for 2 mins/50/speed 2 until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Add the shredded coconut to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 sec/reverse/speed 2 until the coconut is fully coated with the chocolate.
- To create the nests, spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into each case then press down in the middle with your thumb or the back of a spoon to create a space in the middle for the eggs to sit.
- Quickly insert 3 eggs into each nest so they stick whist the chocolate is still warm then set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once they are set they are best stored out of the fridge in a cool dark place. I find they are too hard to eat if they've been in the fridge too long.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Comment