A refreshing Thermomix Raspberry Mango Sorbet that can be whipped up and ready on the table in five minutes.
Sorbets are one of the easiest desserts to make in the Thermomix and a brilliant way to cool down when the weather's hot. Supermarket sorbets are often full of unnecessary additives and added sugar so making your own is a better option.
This sorbet contains only three ingredients - mango, raspberries and lemon juice. The frozen mango adds creaminess and the raspberries add a lovely pink colour. I've added some lemon juice as I love the tangy flavour but you could always opt for a little icing sugar instead for some sweetness.
When I first got my Thermomix back in 2014, I ran into problems with the whisk getting stuck and the motor overloading when making sorbets. To overcome this, just allow the fruit to thaw out for a few minutes and then insert the butterfly attachment and mix until smooth and creamy.
I find that Thermomix Sorbet is best eaten when it's just been made so it's lovely and creamy and like a soft serve. If it's too soft you could always place it in the freezer for twenty minutes to firm up.
This sorbet can be stored in the freezer but will be very hard at first when you take it out. To thaw out, just leave on the bench top for twenty minutes until softened.
You Might Also Like
- 300g frozen mango
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 15g lemon juice (approximately half a lemon)
- Add the frozen fruit to the Thermomix bowl and pulverize for 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and blend for 30 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and blend again for 30 sec/speed 6.
- Insert the Butterfly Whisk: Blend for 15 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and blend again for 15 sec/speed 4 until smooth and creamy. If the whisk has trouble turning, leave the fruit to thaw for a few minutes before proceeding.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the freezer. Before consuming, thaw out for 20 minutes at room temperature. If you like it smooth and creamy, place back in the Thermomix with the butterfly attachment and blend for 15 sec/speed 4.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.