A festive version of a classic, this Thermomix rocky road is made with just gingernut biscuits, coconut, marshmallows and milk chocolate. The better quality the chocolate the tastier it will be!
Who doesn’t love a good rocky road – this simple Christmas version is made with only 4 ingredients. You could always add some festive M&Ms, chopped almonds and anything else but I feel that this is just enough and not too over the top.
It goes without saying but the better the quality of chocolate the tastier it will be. I originally made this with cooking chocolate and it tasted so bad I’ll never use it again! You can’t beat Cadburys or Lindt.
- 100 g gingernut biscuits
- 600 g good quality milk chocolate
- 50 g marshmallows (cut in half)
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place the gingernut biscuits into a zip lock bag and bash them with a rolling pin a few times until broken up into small pieces.
- Break the chocolate up roughly into pieces, add to the Thermomix bowl and grate for 20 sec/speed 9. Scrape down the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate for 3 mins/50/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and along the bottom with a spatula.
- Melt again for 1 mins/50/speed 3 until fully melted.
- Add the marshmallows, coconut and broken up biscuits and stir gently for 10 sec/reverse/speed 1 until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the tin and spread evenly to the corners so it's flat.
- Place into the fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Once set, cut into pieces and enjoy!
Can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.