Soft and buttery Thermomix Christmas Melting Moments (YoYo Biscuits) sandwiched together with vanilla buttercream icing and dipped in red, green and white sprinkles for Christmas time.
For the Biscuits
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g icing sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 50g custard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 200 g icing sugar
- 90 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp boiling water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Red, green and white sprinkles
- Preheat the oven 160°C fan forced (180°C) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Insert Butterfly Whisk: Add the butter and icing sugar to the TM bowl and beat for 20 sec/speed 3.5. Scrape down the bowl and repeat another couple of times until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Remove Butterfly Whisk: Add the flour, custard powder and vanilla extract and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the bowl and mix again for 15 sec/speed 4 until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and arrange on the baking tray allowing a few centimeters between each one. Gently press down on each one with the back of a lightly floured fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes (they will still be soft) before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely before icing.
- For the Buttercream Icing: Place the icing sugar and butter into the TM bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of the TM bowl with a spatula.
- Insert Butterfly Whisk: Add 1 teaspoon of boiling water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract to the icing mixture and mix 2 min/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer into a bowl and set aside until the biscuits have cooled completely.
- To put together: Spoon generous amounts of icing onto the underside of half the biscuits and sandwich with the remaining biscuits. Gently press down so some buttercream seaps over the edge and dip each one with sprinkles.
- These are best eaten fresh but any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
- Category: Christmas
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Thermomix Melting Moments