Get into the festive spirit with these soft and chewy Thermomix Christmas M&M Cookies made with red and green M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
It's never too early for Christmas baking! These deliciously soft cookies with red and green M&Ms and white chocolate chips taste amazing. They take little time to prepare in the Thermomix, and the dough can be made ahead.
You can find red and green M&Ms in the Christmas section at Coles and Woollies, and they usually appear well before December. I've only found large red and green M&Ms as opposed to mini ones, but either will do.
To make these in the Thermomix, I make the dough first then stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips with a spatular or wooden spoon at the end, so they don't become fragments. Before baking, it's always good to press a few extra ones and some white chocolate chips on top as it looks more festive.
To Make Ahead
Christmas is always a favourite time of year in our house for baking, but sometimes it's nice just to pull something out of the freezer that's all ready to go into the oven. The great thing about cookie dough is it freezes well so if you have unexpected guests dropping by they can be prepared and baked in 20 minutes.
I've written a separate blog post on How to Freeze Cookie Dough which you can find here.
These Thermomix Christmas M&M Cookies taste better fresh, but they can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container.
More Thermomix Christmas Recipes You Might Like
Easy Thermomix Mince Pies
Christmas Rocky Road
Christmas Melting Moments
Thermomix Christmas M&M Cookies
Soft, melt in your mouth Christmas Cookies made with the addition of Red and Green M&Ms and sweet white chocolate chips for a festive twist.
- 160g unsalted butter
- 120g brown sugar
- 40g white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 100g red and green M&Ms
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Start by softening the butter, if it's not at room temperature. To do this, add the butter to the mixing bowl and mix for 20 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
- Insert the Butterfly whisk: Add the white and brown sugar and beat for 1 min/speed 3, with the measuring cup off. Scrape down the bowl and repeat this step twice, scraping down the bowl in between so, all the mixture is incorporated and is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat 10 sec/speed 3. Scrape down the bowl and beat again for 10 sec/speed 3 until combined.
- Remove the Butterfly whisk, and tap it gently on the inside of the Thermomix bowl to release as much mixture as possible. Add the flour, bicarb of soda and salt and knead for 50 sec/knead function until combined. Scrape down the bowl and knead for a few seconds more if the mixture hasn't quite come together.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips with a spatular or wooden spoon, reserving a couple to insert into each cookie just before baking. Refrigerate the mixture in the bowl for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan / 180°C, 10-20 minutes before the hour is up.
- Scoop the chilled mixture out and roll into walnut-sized balls and place on the baking sheet, press down slightly with the back of your hand. Allow plenty of space between each one for the cookies to spread. Insert 2-3 chocolate chips and M&Ms into each one then bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes until the edges start to harden. Timing will vary on the oven so keep an eye on them.
- When the cookies are ready, take them out of the oven and leave on the baking tray to cool for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will be soft straight from the oven but will harden as they cool down.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To Freeze Cookie Dough
I have written an article on How to Freeze Cookie Dough here.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Comment