These easy homemade mince pies are a doddle to make and taste far better than store bought versions.
For the Pastry
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g butter
- 30 g of icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g chilled water
For the Filling
- 12 teaspoons fruit mince
- Preheat the oven to 180 (160 fan forced) and grease a 12 hole cupcake pan.
- Place the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt into the mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6, or until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and knead 40 sec/Interval. The pastry should now have come together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently into a ball then roll out to a thickness of 3mm.
- Cut out the pastry with a round cutter and place into the cupcake pan. Spoon a teaspoon of the fruit mince into each one then with the remaining pastry cut out tiny star shapes for the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Keywords: thermomix mince pies